Lamenting my relationship with Kick Starter.


Once it's done.
This is not about bad kick-starters or failed kick-starters, I have never been burned on a kick-starter project. Not that I remember.
Failed Kick Starters and the fear of being a failed kick starter I covered way back here on Nov 15 of 2013.

Kick Starter I do love thee, conceptually.
I want to back all of the  things. I want to give money to the people in my G+ groups who are making fantastic things.
I want to buy work, even before it's completed..
Still I don't back much.
I want to love kick starter.
But I can't.

The reasons are two primary weaknesses in my own character.
I'm inpatient, and I am forgetful.

I received a package yesterday that contained two sprues of minis from a Kick-starter I (actualy my wife for me) backed before  Christmas 2013. I can't work that way, I don't have a clue what that sprue of parts is for. Was this an add on level? an extra? why are there rules in this package for a whole different game line? What's going on?
Then there's my inpatient side. Usually I get really fired up about a kick starter and by the time I get a physical thing, I've simply lost the desire to play it.

So here is my  oath.
Even though I love every thing Kickstarter represents.
In an effort to keep my front door from being visited by  packages that I don't remember ordering, with game items that I don't remember wanting. I'm going to avoid backing kick-starters.
(Honestly I have only backed two or three. I have been sorely tempted on many.)
If you are in my G+ groups and making games It's not personal if I don't back your kick starter, I'll buy it when it's done.

Thank you for reading.
questions and comments can be left if the empty coffer below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on Kickstarter from the smallest of fish..

A long look at ADnD 2nd ed, Players Options Spells and Magic.

WISH, not the spell. 2023 Year in Review