Discord Servers and Slices



Dischord:
I do have a life on Dischord. I'm trying to build a community around the AAIE game which should be a real live book soon (perhaps by December of this year.) The Dischord has attracted about 20 people however only about 6 of them are active. I don't know if the others are just lurkers by nature. Ie: they don't really use Dischord much. Or if they see what we are talking about and it's just not their jam.

I'm trying to Run the game at least once a month online with anyone who will play. It's not easy. To be completely honest, I'm not great at running online games, but I get it done.

I post a bunch of just general links and AAIE content there. For example, I dropped a 32 page AAIE fantasy character class supplement just for the fun of it. In fact, the unedited draft of the game is on the dischord in all of its 300+ page glory.

The other day I hosted an RPG mechanics talk focused on a Kung-Fu based game I have been working on.

I'm not sure if other people support their work this way. I just like talking about games with cool people.


Join in. If you are reading this and are not already in the Discord.
The name of the server is "Amazing Adventures Incredible Exploits" and I'm mvanvlack#7819 on Dischord.

AAIE Update:

So, what's in a game?

First off Jens from the https://the-disoriented-ranger.blogspot.com/ Is working on AAIE as editor / publisher. God Bless him and protect him from my typing. He's looking at the game more than I am. 

We are looking to do 2 versions, an AI art / Human art version because random art kind of fits the themes of the game. As well as a more printer friendly no AI art / limited image version for people who want to print the book or who have intellectual issues with AI art. (which I respect.) The content of the books will be otherwise, exactly the same.

I'm not going to dive into the AI art debate. (Jens did on his blog. If you want to read his opinions on the subject.) I think it's cool technology. I think it is very "AAIE" to use a prompt to generate an image. I am also a (not very good) artist and have a great deal of respect for artists. I don't disagree with either side of the debate.

Thanks for reading.
Keep looking to the sky.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on Kickstarter from the smallest of fish..

A long look at ADnD 2nd ed, Players Options Spells and Magic.

WISH, not the spell. 2023 Year in Review